Lodestar Hoist Part - Upper Hook (Latchlok Type)
This is a Latchlock type Upper Hook for Model J, L & L Lodestar Hoists. This includes the hook only, hardware and additional suspension components must be ordered separately. CM’s Latchlok hooks are available to replace the standard upper and lower hooks used on the Lodestar Electric Hoists.
Based on 830-10, hooks shall be removed from service if damage such as the following is visible and shall only be returned to service when approved by a qualified person:
- Missing or illegible rated load identification or illegible hook manufacturers' identification or secondary manufacturer's identification.
- Excessive pitting, corrosion, cracks, nicks, or gouges.
- Wear: Any wear exceeding 10% of the original section dimension of the hook or its load pin.
- Deformation: Any visibly apparent bend or twist from the plane of the unbent hook.
- Throat opening: Any distortion causing an increase in the throat opening of 5% not to exceed W' (6mm).
- Inability to lock: Any self-locking hook that does not lock.
- Inoperative latch: Any damaged latch or malfunctioning latch that does not close the hook's throat.
- Thread wear, damage, or corrosion.
- Evidence of excessive heat exposure or unauthorized welding.
- Evidence of unauthorized alterations such as drilling, machining, grinding, or other modifications.
Hook Inspection Table