FREE shipping on Blaklader over £50. When working by the road, ensure you are adequately protected with a range of roadside workwear. Due to the potential of moving vehicles and equipment, visibility is an important factor and thus hi vis workwear has to be worn.
High-visibility workwear is clothing made of fluorescent material with added reflective tape or shapes. There are usually 3 main components for EN ISO 20471 certified hi vis clothing to allow workers to undertake operations in low light conditions:
• Fluorescent material: To make the most of any existing sunlight and can be seen more easily in low light conditions.
• Reflective Strips: Made from materials that reflect light back to where it comes from to enhance visibility during the darker hours of the day.
• Contrast material: Blaklader adds contrast fabrics (black or other dark colours) to the areas where muck is most likely to build e.g. Knees, ankles, pockets, sleeve ends, shoulders etc. By doing that, dirt tends not to spread onto the fluorescent fabric to keep the clothing compliant for much longer on the job.
EN ISO 20471 includes 3 classes of hi vis clothing. MTN SHOP carries all these 3 classes of garments. Class 1 clothing has the least requirements for reflective surfaces and reflective tape on the garment. The higher the class, the higher the crucial visibility.
• Class 1: Fluorescent material on the garment: 0,14 m² & Reflective material on the garment: 0,10 m²
• Class 2: Fluorescent material on the garment: 0,50 m² & Reflective material on the garment: 0,13 m²
• Class 3: Fluorescent material on the garment: 0,80 m² & Reflective material on the garment: 0,20 m²
If your clothing falls under any of these, it will need replacing even the garment is still new.
• Fading of fluorescent fabric
• Worn reflective strip
• Any tears and rips on a garment (not necessary on fluorescent or reflective material)
• No longer visible for 1,000 feet during day or night