Besides high visibility, the garments in this collection are very versatile to serve as a mid-layer under a hardshell or alone thanks to the following properties:
• Mobile: The fabrics used in softshell jackets are flexible, allowing for maximum movement.
• Highly Breathable: Great for aerobic activities
• Comfortable: The inner lining made of fleece provides comfort and warmth.
• Packable: The thinner, easy-to-work fabric makes this softshell jacket simple to stuff into a pack.
• Water-Resistant: Though typically not entirely waterproof, a softshell can stand up to a run in light rain or snow.
Unlike a traditional hardshell jacket which is stiffer and only serves as your outermost layer, the latter one is a soft and flexible garment. It can be used as an insulating mid layer (as mentioned above) when you are layering for cold environments and snowy weather, or alone in comfortable weather conditions.
However, when it comes to protection, a softshell jacket is not designed to offer the same degree of protection against elements as a hardshell jacket does. Browse all Hi Vis Softshell Jacket options now