Retractable Fall Arrester- 45mm Webbing (2.2m L)
Product No. nanook
Retractable Webbing Fall Arrester - Nanook
This retractable fall arrester is equipped with a thick webbing kept in tension. It acts as a connecting device between a full-body harness and an anchorage, shown in the ABC fall protection diagram. It follows the movements of a user who doesn't have to adjust the length.
The fall arrester unrolls as they go further away, and retracts as they go back. In a fall, it blocks and stops automatically. The device is usually used for these professions: works on a facade, on the terrace, on scaffolding, on an aerial lift, and maintenance.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Features an ultra-resistant ABS Cover
- Webbing retractor and energy dissipating mechanism inside the plastic casing
- Supplied with sturdy steel karabiner.
- Length of the webbing: 2.26m
- Width of the webbing: 45mm
- Material: Polyamide Webbing
- Connector opening: 22mm (Top) & 24mm (Bottom)
- Standard: All FA2 retractors conform to EN 360:2002 -PPE against falls from a height -retractable type fall arresters
FAQs about Fall Arrest
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF RETRACTABLE FALL ARRESTER?
The retractable fall arresters are ideal for work of low-rise because the braking mechanism is almost instantaneous, reducing the required fall distance clearance. Take an example of a 6-foot tall worker, only 12.5 feet of fall distance clearance is required when using a retractable fall arrester while 17.5 feet is required when using a 6-foot lanyard.
Also, it brings great freedom of movements. Many fall protection professionals, therefore, tend to recommend retractable fall arrester over lanyards.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR A FALL ARREST SYSTEM?
- Anchorage: Checkmate Toggle Bolt Anchor (Removable)
- Body Wear: Checkmate Harness, Fa2 Harness
- Connecting Device: Current Product, Cable Fall Arrester, Fa2 Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Others: Hard Hat with Visor, Kit Bag, Fall Protection Package
WHAT IS A FALL ARREST SYSTEM?
This system, a form of fall protection, allows workers to have maximum freedom of movement but also allows them to reach the point where a fall may occur, such as the edge of a roof. When it happens, the fall arrest system stops a person already falling from colliding with the ground, structure, or any other obstacle during a free fall and limits the impact force on the worker during fall arrest. In order to achieve the result, a collection of safety equipment conforming to the required standards, used in conjunction with each other to ensure the safety of a worker.
OSHA: A fall arrest system does not prevent a fall, but instead it is designed to catch the worker with minimal injury. The components of a fall arrest system are as follows:
- Connecting means (e.g., snap hooks)
- Shock-absorbing lanyard, self-retracting lanyards and lifelines
- Full body harness
- Anchor point (e.g., fixed railing, ship's mast)