Confined Space Tripod
Checkmate TR3 is the latest confined space tripod with a durable alloy construction, providing access or fall protection in confined space environments. It has a host of new features and benefits for users
Why is TR3 favored by many users? It is ultra-lightweight at less than 15kgs making it easily transported, yet it is even stronger and more durable due to the new crown and feet design. The TR3 can be used with an array of other pieces of Checkmate equipment for safe anchorage while carrying out work tasks and rescue in confined spaces.
How multi-purpose is TR3? It offers either an anchorage for suspended work or a secure Fall Arrest point if accessing via alternate means such as a ladder. The TR3 also provides anchorage for one winch operative/supervisor standing next to the tripod. Modes of use are clearly demonstrated on the user manual p.7 & 8.
We also supply confined space tripod kit that includes rescue harness, confined space tripod, and winch.
CHECKMATE TR3 USER MANUAL
FEATURES & BENEFITS
CROWN DETAILS - As standard, the TR3 comes with two spring-loaded pulleys and an eyebolt. Up to 3 of each can be fitted on request.
AUTO LOCKING LEG - Legs are locked in the open position automatically during the use and easily disengaged for folding.
CAPTIVE PINS - Legs are height adjustable using detent pins which are secured to the tripod using PVC coated keeper wires.
WORM GEAR WINCH - The TR3 tripod can be fitted with a worm gear winch, in conjunction with FABXR, for suspended work.
ROBUST PIVOTING SPIKED FEET - Tripod fitted with pivoting feet with hot bonded rubber soles for soft or hard surfaces. Includes slot for anti-splay webbing strap.
FABXR AND FABXR-DB - TR3 can be fitted with FABXR and FABXR-DB for the emergency rescue with the user descending via a ladder.
- Load Capacity
- Fall Arrest: single user max 150kg (+ 1 operator)
- Goods Carrying: max 250kg
Height - 1.4m - 2.4m
Diameter - 0.75m - 1.43m
Folded Length - 1.5m (excluding carry bag)
Legs - Aluminium Alloy
Tripod Head - Powder Coated Cast Aluminium
Pin Keeper Wires - PVC Coated Wire Rope
All Pins and Fixings - Steel or Stainless Steel
TR3 Bags - PVC and Webbing with Foam Inserts
STANDARDS - EN795 Class B, ANSI Z359.18-2017, A10.32.12, OSHA 1910 and OSHA 1926 Subpart M
Confined Space Tripod Requirement - Installation & Use
- As a minimum, when in use the tripod must always be installed with either load-lifting equipment i.e hand winch and/or load limiting device i.e. SRLR.
- The area below the device must be free of obstruction which may obstruct the movement of the user.
- The structure to which the device stands must be in good condition and suitable for use The webbing anti splay strap must be fitted and tensioned prior to use, check all pins are inserted and secured.
- Only install on flat level ground on a stable surface. Ensure footing is stable and can support the intended load.
- The mounting surface onto which the tripod will be installed must meet the requirements of ANSI Z359.18:2017 and the criteria stated in the user manual page 11.
Please read the user manual in details.
TR3 Confined Space Tripod Demo