Doughty Engineering, founded in 1985, has been a top UK manufacturer of rigging, suspension, and lifting equipment for film/TV, theatre and concert halls. Their recent projects include BBC Transmission Tower at Alexandra Palace (London, UK), Youtube's studio, Financial Times TV studio in London (UK) and Edinburgh University's Argyle House.
We stock Doughty Clamps, Stands, Studio Rail, Lighting Accessories and the award-winning Doughty Tank Trap. Our best sellers are :
We stock a wide range of truss clamps with different capacities, widths, diameters and finishes to suit your unique live productions.
• Half Coupler (or Wrap-Around clamp): Provides a greater grip to the tube as it fully wraps a tube ranging from 24mm to 63mm
• Hook Clamp (or C clamp): An affordable and traditional light-to-medium-duty steel clamp that allows one-person operation
• Trigger Clamp- Combination of hook clamp and half coupler: Allows one-person operation when rigging a heavy light
• Quick Trigger Clamp: Mounts on any point on a truss piece without obstruction due to the knob position, and allow one-person operation
• Six Track: Available in walk-along and line-operated* system, these curtain track kits provide a quick, flexible and professional solution to a stage. Custom track lengths are possible by cutting sections off onsite. Accessories can be ordered separately. *Manual and motorized operations are available.
• Doughty Rail: It is a compact, low-profile walkalong system, ideal for small venues where space is a concern for track installation. A range of accessories is available for multiple configurations.
• Studio Rail: Besides mounting a curtain, it is ideal to suspend other studio equipment. Standard and heavy-duty studio rails are available. Like Doughty Rail and Six Track, it has many accessories to suit unique track installations.
• Regular Doughty Tank Trap: Fitted with a long 48mm receiver, this sturdy steel boom base can support a 48mm tube/pole very securely for side lighting. Easy to carry and store.
• 3-Position Tank Trap: Not only is the receiver long, but also detachable for other positions. It means you can secure the pole in different positions - edge, centre and corner - for lighting requirements. The steel plate can also be inverted for attaching truss pieces.